Think back to all you’ve accomplished throughout your Girl Scout journey. You’ve helped your community, faced big challenges, discovered new passions, and made forever friends. So, what’s next? Anything you can dream up! There’s so much more to explore with your Girl Scout crew. Sign up for another year today and keep the excitement going.
The Girl Scout year begins on October 1st and ends on September 30th each year. The Early Bird renewal period is a time for troop leaders and parents to renew their individual and troop memberships for the upcoming Girl Scout membership year. Beginning April 1st, you can renew early for the membership year beginning October 1st.
1. Get a jump start on all the fun!
2. Troop Leaders will know whether girls will be back when school resumes and if there are openings in the troop.
3. Parents make sure their daughter(s) will be back in the same troop by Fall. Plus, it will be one less item on your very full list when you’re deep in back-to-school mode.
4. Troops will be ready for the Fall Product program.
5. Service Units can better plan for the year.
6. Your troop will be eligible for Honor Troop.
7. Bragging rights!
8. Receive Early Bird Perks!
Your troop must be in good standing and meet the below criteria:
1. Renew at least 70% of the girls (according to troop roster as of March 31)
2. Renew at least two registered and approved volunteers (Girl Scout membership, background check eligible and position assigned: one in the leader position and one in the co-leader position)
3. Turn in complete Troop Financials to council by June 30, 2023
• Your Troop Financial Report MUST include your summary Financial Report, Ledger, all bank statements, and all receipts
• All documents must be legible to be considered complete
• Please see GSDSW Troop/Service Unit Financial Reports for details
1. One early Cookie Booth sign-up
2. Fall Product Program base troop proceeds for nut and candy items of $0.85 per item.
3. Cookie Program base troop proceeds will be an additional $0.05 per package.
Submit your Early Bird Troop Application by June 30, 2023
*Individually Registered Girls (IRG’s) and service units do not need to submit application to receive Early Bird Perks.
Active service units meeting either of the following criteria can choose either a service unit pizza party (for Early Bird girls/adults) or a $100 gift card to our council shop.
• Highest percentage of Early Bird registrants
• 70% of your troops earn the Early Bird Troop distinction
*Service unit must be in good standing with financials turned in by June 30, 2023.
*Service Unit Perk must be redeemed by September 30, 2023.
Why isn’t my username working?
Your username is typically your email address. If you have more than one email address, try each. You can also use the “Forgot Your Password?” link to send a reset email to your email address. If you’re still having trouble, contact our Customer Care team.
Why am I not receiving the password reset emails?
The password reset emails come from firstname.lastname@example.org, so please make sure it’s added to your safe senders list. If you requested the reset email before marking our email address as safe, check your spam folder. If you’re still not receiving the email, contact our Customer Care team to verify that your username/email address is correct.
How do I reset my password when I no longer have access to the email address associated with my account?
Our Customer Care team can easily change your username/email address without requiring you to recreate your account. Contact us to get started.
Why can’t I see my family when I log in?
There are a couple reasons this could happen:
Another adult family member may be listed as the preferred contact on the account. That person must log in to renew. Contact our Customer Care team if you’d like to be listed as your household’s preferred contact.
You may have a second or duplicate account with a different email address. Try a different username. If that works, be sure to contact our Customer Care team to merge the two accounts into one.
Why can’t I see my troop(s) when I log in?
There are several reasons this could happen:
Troops are listed on a separate tab from your family. If you have more than one troop, look for the pull-down menu to change between them.
Check your member profile to make sure you’re listed as a volunteer in the troop.
Not all troop volunteers can access the troop tab. Contact us to see which volunteer roles they allow to access the tab.
If your background check has expired, you may lose access until it is up-to-date.
Our Customer Care team can provide additional support.